Saturday 30 March 2013

Sewing for Pleasure exhibitions

I was at the sewing for pleasure exhibition which took place in the NEC in Birmingham. One of the exhibitions that was inspiring to me was Karen Casper's exhibition because of her amazing fusion with different textile techniques and her surface pattern designs. Her textile label is called Tulle and Candy-floss and her work has also been shown in the Whitworth Art Gallery in Manchester:














If you want more of her work, just click on this link:
http://www.tulleandcandyfloss.co.uk/index.html

Here are some more images of fashion pieces that I took from a selection of exhibitions that I liked:



This was inspired from a 17th century flower motif

These garments were from one the Madeira stalls which found interesting and beautiful...







And these images were from an embroidery exhibition which I thought looked quirky and different as the images were created by embroidery...



No comments:

Post a Comment